Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chipotle Orange Chicken


Recipe Title: Chipotle Orange Chicken
Recipe Link: http://www.elanaspantry.com/chipotle-orange-chicken/
Status: Vetoed by hubby
Rating: 3/10

Jen's Notes: I made this recipe almost exactly as specified, except that I substituted chicken breasts for the whole chicken, and there were no chipotles because they didn't make it home from the grocery store somehow.

It was a very easy to make recipe. The marinade took maybe fifteen minutes to prepare, including chopping garlic and squeezing oranges. I let it marinade overnight, then tossed it in the oven when I got home from work. Because I used chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken, the bake time was only 30 minutes.

Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with the flavor. The orange flavor is very overpowering. None of the flavor of the garlic or the herbs de provence came through. For the same effect, I could have just marinated hte chicken breasts in orange juice. I imagine the chipotles, had they made it home from the grocery store, probably would have come through because chipotles have such strong flavor. However, I don't think I'll making this one again. Making this with a whole chicken might make a difference, but I prefer to use chicken breasts because of the fat factor. So, for me, this recipe is failed out.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Start to Finish: 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment