Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lasagna Vegetariana


Recipe Title: Lasagna Vegetariana
Recipe Link: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2007/04/lasagna-vegetariana.html
Status: Approved!!!
Rating: 10/10

Jen's Notes: I made this night before last, with a friend of mine helping me out in the kitchen. Whether you are a vegetarian or not, you need to try this recipe. It was so insanely good. My husband polished off his plate in about two minutes (he's a fast eater), and my friend said that it was good enough to order from a restaurant. We will definitely be making this one again.

That said, this is a very time consuming recipe. There's a lot of ingredients, and a lot of them have to be chopped up or measured. It took me a little over an hour to get this in the oven, and that was with my friend helping me out. Part of this is probably because I kept having to stop and read the recipe in between doing stuff. Even so, I can't imagine the prep time being any less than 30 or 45 minutes, even if you have the recipe memorized. If you work full-time like I do, you might want to get this prepped the night before so that you can just stick it in the oven when you get home. I didn't get to start dinner until almost 6:30 this particular night, so it was almost 9pm by the time we ate.

The other adjustment you can make is the cook time. This was an accident, but it worked out. I was in a rush trying to get this thing in the oven, and I just skimmed through the cook time instructions and totally missed the fact that it was supposed to go in the oven covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered for 50 to 60. I only saw the second part of that, so I stuck it in the oven uncovered and set the timer for 55 minutes. I did realize my mistake before it finished cooking, but I decided to just let it ride - and everything turned out just fine. I really can't imagine that it would have turned out better (seriously, I don't think that's possible) if I had followed the cook time, but I may try it next time just to see. So, watch this space for updates!

What are you waiting for? Go make this lasagna!

Prep Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Start to Finish: 2 hours, 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment