Monday, April 12, 2010

Sizzling Surf and Turf Pasta


Recipe Title: Sizzling Surf and Turf Pasta
Recipe Link: http://quickiesonthedinnertable.yolasite.com/recipes/sizzling-surf-and-turf-pasta
Status: Approved
Rating: 8/10

Jen's Notes: This recipe is not specifically gluten-free, but it's easily made that way by substituting gluten-free pasta. The prep for this is pretty simple - just slice up the chicken and dice the garlic. If you start the pasta at the same time as the chicken and shrimp concoction, it should all be ready at about the same time. You can have this on the table in twenty minutes, no sweat. Always a nice thing on week night!

If you can't find chili paste, you can also substitute garlic chili sauce, found in the Asian section of most supermarkets. If you go this route, and you aren't a garlic fanatic like me, you'll probably want to cut back on the amount of diced garlic. Also, if you don't like spicy food, cut the chili paste back to 1 or 2 tablespoons. I used the full three tablespoons, and the result was extremely spicy.

We really enjoyed this dish - the combination of shrimp and chicken is unusual but tasty. The recipe recommends adding some salt to the final dish, but I think this could be cut. I added about a teaspoon of kosher salt, and found the mixture to be a little on the salty side. I also would have liked for some veggies to be mixed in there, so I think next time I'll add some spinach so that this is a complete meal.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Start to Finish: 25 minutes

19 comments:

  1. This is a great preparation for my sisters homecoming. Thanks for the info. she just love all kinds of Pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a pure and perfect example of when simple is best. What a fantastic pasta dish! I love chili paste and garlic, especially with shrimp - mmm. And that photo is gorgeous! Now I'm hungry again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic pasta dish! I love chili paste and garlic, especially with shrimp - mmm. And the photos are awesome, thanx for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This surf and turf salad uses shrimp and chorizo sausage, plus beans, corn, olives, pepper-jack cheese, and green chilies in a dressing of mayonnaise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love chili paste and garlic, especially with shrimp - mmm. And the photos are awesome, looking forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic pasta dish! I love chili paste and garlic, especially with shrimp - mmm, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, What a fantastic pasta dish! I love chili paste and garlic, especially with shrimp - mmm. And that photo is gorgeous! Now I'm hungry again. thanx for the wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sizzling Surf and Turf Pasta.Best to serve on weekend with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info, i just love all kinds of Pasta. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Fantastic pasta dish! I love chili paste and garlic, especially with shrimp - mmm. And that photo is gorgeous! thanx for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all kind of pasta, but I never tried that recipe. I am pretty sure its very delicious and I can't wait to try this one at home :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dish was good overall, but it really needs some extra seasoning on the meat maybe even some marinade (a lite soy sauce would work well). A definite keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tonight for dinner, I'm making a butter and garlic shrimp and some thin/small marinated grilled brisket strips. I thought pasta would be a good filler between my surf-and-turf and bought some very thin noodles, sort of like angel hair. I'm not really sure how to dress it up, though. Any ideas? I also have penne... I wanted to use the angel hair, but if anything that works much better with penne comes up, I'll use that instead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used 6 cod fillets and it was delicious! We had a surf and turf dinner with friends and this was excellent! This recipe is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love chili paste and garlic, especially with shrimp - mmm. And that photo is gorgeous! Now I'm hungry again. thanx for the wonderful recipe. thanx for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used 6 cod fillets and it was delicious! We had a surf and turf dinner with friends and this was excellent! This recipe is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bacon was burnt and the fish had no flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yum! Thanks for a great recipe to try.

    ReplyDelete